Dr Igor Dorfmann-Lazarev
- School of Languages, Cultures and Linguistics Research Associate
- School of Languages, Cultures and Linguistics
- PhD and Habilitation (EPHE, Sorbonne)
- Email address
Received PhD from the EPHE (Sorbonne) in 2002, and Habilitation in 2009. Before coming to SOAS, taught Biblical languages and the History of Oriental Christianities in the Universities of Rome, Montpellier and Durham. The monograph Arméniens et Byzantins à l’époque de Photius (Peeters 2004) has been awarded the Charles et Marguerite Diehl Prize by the French Academy. Contributed to the Cambridge History of Christianity and other collective volumes and leading international journals in Armenian and orientalist studies.
- Transmission of intellectual traditions in Mediterranean region during Late Antiquity;
- Christian-Jewish relations;
- Armenian-Russian cultural relations;
- Russian colonisation of the Caucasus and Central Asia;
- Theological hermeneutics;
- History and Patristics of the Armenian church;
- Armenian apocrypha;
- Armenian-Syriac and Armenian-Byzantine relationships;
- Armenian historiography;
- Christians under Islamic rule.