Sir Peter Parker Awards
Dedicated to the memory of the late Sir Peter Parker
We are delighted to announce that the 31st SPPA will take place on Tuesday 8 November 2022 at SOAS.
Date of contest: Tuesday 8 November 2022 at SOAS, University of London.
The SPPA Application Form 2022 (Word) is now available.
Telephone interviews will be held after the applications have been received. All candidates will be informed whether they have been selected for the Final Round.
- By 15 October 2022: Finalists to send speech details to The Sir Peter Parker Awards Office.
- 8 November 2022: Final Round (afternoon) and Awards Ceremony.
About the awards
The Japanese Speech Contest for Spoken Business Japanese was established in 1990 by the Japan External Trade Organisation (JETRO), London, and the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London.
The Sir Peter Parker Awards for this Contest are widely recognised as having made a significant contribution to the recent growth in the use of Japanese in business, as well as having benefited participants in their professional careers.
Purpose of the awards
The purpose of the Awards is to deepen the understanding of Japanese business culture by businessmen and women of the UK and countries of the European Union through study of the Japanese language, and to contribute to goodwill and mutual understanding with the people of Japan through better communication.
Brought to you by
- The Japan External Trade Organisation (JETRO London)
- SOAS Japan Research Centre, University of London
Sponsors (in alphabetical order)
- Access Appointments Consultancy Limited
- a Concept Limited
- Brunswick Group LLP
- Globe Trotter
- Japan Centre Group Limited
- Japanese Chamber of Commerce and Industry in the UK
- JPT EUROPE Ltd (JP-BOOKS)
- JR Central
- Mitsubishi Electric
- Nikkei Europe Ltd
- Ocean Network Express
- Ricoh UK Limited
- Sake Samurai
- Tempura Ono
- The Great Britain Sasakawa Foundation
- The Japan Society
- Embassy of Japan in the UK
- Department for International Trade
The Sir Peter Parker Awards Office
SOAS Japan Research Centre
London WC1H OXG
+44 (0)20 7898 4876