Department of Development Studies
Dr Stephen Biggs
- Institute of Development Studies, University of Sussex, 1969-1980
- School of Development Studies, University of East Anglia 1980-2004
- Ford Foundation, Dhaka, Bangladesh;
- Regional Economist, CIMMYT, New Delhi;
- Institute of Asian Research/Department of Agricultural Economics, University of British Colombia, Vancouver, Canada;
- Government of Nepal/World Bank project on Agricultural Research & Extension;
- Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD), Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Justice, Scott & Biggs, Stephen. 2020. The spread of smaller engines and markets in machinery services in rural areas of South Asia, Journal of Rural Studies. Volume 73, Pp. 10-20.
- Biggs, Stephen; Sharma, Aviram; Justice, Scott E.; & Uprety, Rajendra. 2020.
Rural Change in the Kosi River Basin: A Capital Goods Perspective. Chapter 15, pp. 283-325 in Bihar: Crossing Boundaries, Edited by Sunita Lall. Neeraj Kumar, and Kathinka Sinha-Kerkhoff. Delhi: Primus Books (forthcoming 2020)
- Shrestha, Ratna Sansar; Biggs, Stephen; Justice, Scott; Gurung, Amanda Manandhar. 2018. A Power Paradox: Growth of the Hydro Sector in Nepal. Hydro Nepal: Journal of Water, Energy and Environment. Vol 23, pp. 5-21.
- Mandal, M. A. Sattar; Biggs, Stephen D. & Justice, Scott, E., eds. 2017. Rural Mechanisation: a driver in agricultural change and rural development. Dhaka: Institute for Inclusive Finance and Development (InD).
- Biggs, Stephen and Justice, Scott. 2016. Political power in innovation systems: smallholder sustainable intensification and rural mechanisation. Chapter 8, pp. 86-100 in Francis, J; Mytelka, L; Van Huis, A; & Röling, N. (Eds). Innovation Systems: Towards effective strategies in support of smallholder farmers. CTA and Wageningen University and Research.
- Biggs, Stephen; Justice, Scott; & Lewis, David. 2011. Patterns of Rural Mechanisation, Energy and Employment in South Asia: Reopening the Debate. Economic and Political Weekly, Vol. XLVI, No. 9, pp. 78-82.