Department of Development Studies
Dr Tania Kaiser
- Department of Development Studies Senior Lecturer in Forced Migration Studies Centre for Migration and Diaspora Studies Deputy Chair Member, Centre for Gender Studies Food Studies Centre Member, SOAS Food Studies Centre Research Cluster Member Research Cluster Member
- Department of Development Studies
- BA (Bristol); MPhil, DPhil (Oxon)
- Russell Square: College Buildings
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 020 7898 4484
- Support hours
- By appointment, https://goo.gl/L4KXfA
She has degrees in Literature and Anthropology from the Universities of Bristol and Oxford. Forced migration in Africa (general), in East Africa, in West Africa, Culture & Society in Uganda. Internal conflict in Uganda. Conflict in S. Sudan.
Forced migration, protracted refugee situations, violence, conflict, gender and development, humanitarian protection and assistance, social research methods, film, the anthropology of place, space and material culture, aesthetics, social change.
|Ms Hisae Kato||Sociology of work in conflict-affected communities: Labour, gender and violence in El-Rahad, Sudan|
|Alexander Ray||Rethinking the Local–international Dichotomy in Relation to Refugee Protection and Assistance: The Politics of Practice in Managing South Sudanese Displacement (working title)|
|Mr Eric Rindal||Masculinity in Refugee Diaspora: (Re)presentations of Syrian refugee men who have experienced conflict-related sexual violence|