Student Counselling Service
What we offer...
- A confidential counselling service to students in the School, by mutual agreement
- Counsellors and advisors who are professionally trained and accredited by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy who are bound by their professional codes of ethics and practice
- An opportunity for you to reflect on personal or academic concerns central to your wellbeing, with respect given to your individuality and your social, cultural and racial identity
- Workshops on specific topics relevant to managing the pressures and challenges of student life, like managing anxiety, procrastination and resilience
- Long-term psychotherapy group (by invitation)
- Mental health check-ins
- Online self-help through Silvercloud, providing Cognitive Behavioural Therapy on a range of topics, with the option of guidance from a counsellor (available to all students, click the link to sign up)
- Information about resources outside the School
To access any of the above, please come to a Wellbeing drop-in at one of the following times. You will have the opportunity to speak to a counsellor/advisor for around 15 minutes about any personal things you are struggling with. They will assess your needs and determine the kind of support that might be best for you based on your individual circumstances (please note that there is a waiting list for counselling appointments).
All drop-ins are first come, first served so we recommend arriving a little early for the session you want to attend. Wellbeing drop-ins run at the following times each week:
Monday: 15.00 - 16.00
Tuesday: 15.00 - 15.45
Wednesday: 12.00 - 13.00
Thursday: 13.00 - 14.00
Friday: 11.15 - 12.15
Please let us know if you cannot attend at any of those times or if you are part-time and need to be seen on a specific day.
- 0207 074 5015