SOAS University of London


Enrolment documents required for new students

26 September (Welcome Week) - You are expected to be fully enrolled by the end of Welcome Week

3 October (Start of Lectures) - You will need to be enrolled to receive full access to course materials, timetables and any student funding that you may be eligible for.

As part of your online enrolment we will ask to provide copies of the following documents. You will be unable to enrol without these:

UK students

  • Passport or driving license - The driving licence can be full or provisional but the place of birth must be inside the UK.
  • Evidence of your Student funding - If you are funding your studies through student finance and have not yet been approved.

EEA students

  • Passport or EU nationality card
  • a digital share code to allow us to check your right to study in the UK. You can get a digital share code on the website.

International students

  • Passport and Visa (either temporary visa within your passport or full biometric Residence Permit (BRP)
  • Visa Approval Letter (provided by the UKVI confirming your visa and details for collection of your BRP)
  • Please update your address - you must provide a UK term time address.
If you’re in the process of applying for a visa, we will need to see the following instead:
  • a photocopy of the photo page of your passport; and
  • a photocopy of your current/previous visa; and
  • a copy of your visa application - This should clearly show the type of visa you’ve applied for and if it’s a Student Visa, we’ll need to see the section showing your CAS number and our sponsorship. 

 If you have any questions please contact the Enrolment team via the Student Information Desk (SID)

 If you don’t hold any of these documents, we may accept other forms of photo ID - Please contact us via the Student Information Desk and we  will let you know whether your alternatives are acceptable.