Johns Hopkins SAIS, Italy
SOAS–Johns Hopkins SAIS Dual Masters programme
Undertake a 2-year programme between SOAS University of London and the Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies in Bologna (SAIS).
Under the programme, students from both SAIS and SOAS have the opportunity to conduct 2-years of study in International Affairs in combination with studies in Economics, Development Studies or Politics at two of the world’s leading universities in these fields. Students can be awarded both an MSc from SOAS and a Master of Arts in International Affairs (MAIA) from SAIS.
SAIS will also award Annual partial Fellowships to certain cooperative degree students from SOAS who are selected and meet the admission requirements for the MAIA degree programme.
Students can start their studies either with SAIS Europe or SOAS:
- Students who enrol for a 2-year Master of Arts in International Affairs (MAIA) degree at the SAIS Europe campus in Bologna can apply to spend their second year at SOAS, choosing from a broad range of Masters programmes offered by the SOAS Departments of Economics, Development Studies, and Politics and International Studies.
- Students who start an eligible 1-year MSc degree at SOAS can apply to spend a second year of study at SAIS Europe in Bologna and earn a MAIA in addition to their SOAS MSc degree.
The partnership launched in September 2020 and SOAS students starting in one of 16 MSc programmes can apply by January 2020 to spend a second year at SAIS immediately after their year at SOAS. SAIS MAIA students can also apply to spend their second year at SOAS from September 2020.
The cooperative SAIS-SOAS degree programme includes the following 16 Masters programmes at SOAS:
Department of Economics
Department of Politics and International Studies
- MSc Politics of Africa
- MSc Politics of Asia
- MSc International Politics
- MSc Politics of Conflict, Rights & Justice
- MSc Politics of the Middle East
- MSc Global Energy and Climate Policy
Department of Development Studies
- MSc Global Development
- MSc Environment, Politics and Development
- MSc Violence, Conflict and Development
Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy