Information for prospective students from Australia
Students from Australia
We have gathered specific information for Australian students interested in studying at SOAS.
Please feel free to contact the Student Recruitment Office for more information about applying to SOAS from Australia: firstname.lastname@example.org
Minimum entry requirements
These are guidelines only and do not guarantee entry. Each application will be judged on its own merits.
School-leaving qualifications that meet the matriculation requirements for Australian universities will be accepted for direct entry onto our degree programmes.
An honours degree with upper second class honours or an ordinary degree with a graduate diploma passed at upper second class honours level.
SOAS offers a wide-range of scholarships, bursaries and awards to support students.
A number of scholarships are also provided by the University of London, the British Government and other external organisations, for a list please visit scholarships and bursaries.
The SOAS Careers Service is part of The Careers Group, University of London, which is the biggest careers service in the country. The Careers Service provides a range of services including a careers information library, career counselling services and various events throughout the year, to help with career choice, job hunting, applications and interviews.
SOAS has alumni all over the world, if you would like to contact an alum to ask any questions, please visit SOAS alumni.
- The British Council is the British Government's international organization for educational and cultural relations. Their website is designed for those seeking information and advice on education and contemporary arts in the UK.
- Education UK is produced by the British Council to help international students interested in a UK course or qualification.
- UKCISA - The UK Council for International Students Affairs provides information on many aspects of studying overseas, including visas and working while studying.
- The UK Visa & Immigration service also has up to date information on immigration and visa requirements.
- UCAS - The Universities and Colleges Admission Service is the body through which all applications for undergraduate study must be made
- The British Embassy in Australia may also be able to help you with information about travelling to the UK.