Make it accessible: File conversion using SensusAccess
SensusAccess is a self-service solution for staff and students to convert files to format based on individual needs. SensusAccess allows the conversion of documents such as image pdfs, jpegs, text files and others to a range of alternative file formats such as: e-book, text file, audio (mp3, DAISY) or braille.
The tool can be used by SOAS staff and students. For help videos and downloadable guides, please see the links on the right-hand menu.
Conditions of use:
You can make an accessible copy if:
- you own the copyright (e.g., it's your own work)
- have permission from the copyright holder
- if the copyright has expired
- or if it's for someone with a visual impairment
If you meet the above criteria, you need to agree that:
- the copy won't be shared with others
- you can't find a commercially-available version in an appropriate format
- you abide by the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act, 1988, Section 31A (Disabled persons: copies of works for personal use)
- you abide by the Data Protection Act when storing or sharing converted files that contain personal data