Department of Anthropology and Sociology
PhD fieldwork conducted with itinerant boat-dwellers (Boaters) on the waterways of South East England.
Further research as Research Assistant to Prof. Laura Bear (LSE) examined maritime infrastructural financing and global port ownership.
Thematic interests include:
- Anthropology of the state, particularly relating to techniques of enclosure.
- Anthropology of travelling peoples in the neoliberal state.
- Dwelling and enskillment.
- The construction of community.
- Non-heirarchical political structures.