Professorial Research Associate
- Professor Samuel Lieu
- Email address:
- Entrance Exhibition in History, Emmanuel College, Cambridge, 1969 B.A. History (Ancient and Medieval), Cambridge,1972 and awarded Herbert Boys Prize in Byzantine History by Emmanuel College DPhil Literae Humaniores (Ancient History), Oxford, 1981: Manichaeism in the Later Roman Empire and Medieval China - a comparative study, 1981
- Junior Research Fellow in Comparative Ancient History, Wolfson College, Oxford, 1974-1976
- Lecturer in Ancient History, Warwick University, 1976-1989.
- Senior Lecturer, Warwick University, 1989-1992
- Reader in Ancient History, Warwick University, 1992-1994
- Professor of Ancient History, Warwick University, 1994-1996
- Professor of Ancient History, Macquarie University, Sydney in succession to Prof. E. A. Judge, A.O., Jan. 1996
- Leverhulme Visiting Professor, NME SOAS 2000-2001.
- Fellow of the Royal Asiatic Society, 1981
- Fellow of the Royal Historical Society, 1983
- Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries, 1989
- Visiting Professorial Fellow, NME, School of Oriental and African Studies 2000-2009.
- Member of Council of the British Institute of Archaeology and History at Amman, 1993-95, Member of Grants Sub-Committee, 1994-1995
- Fellow of the Australian Academy of the Humanities, 1999
- Representative of the Australian Academy of the Humanities at the International Union of Academies 2004
- Awarded Centenary Medal by Governor General of Australia for contribution to Classical and Oriental Studies, 2001
- Member of ARC Research Evaluation Committee of the Humanities & Creative Arts Panel for ERA Trial, 2009
- President of the International Society of Manichaean Studies, 2010-2013