SOAS alumni career advice
You can continue to benefit from the SOAS Careers Service’s resources and support which includes:
- Access to jobs, internships and volunteering opportunities via CareersZONE.
- Access to online resources such as the Career Discovery feed on CareersZONE, GoinGlobal, interviewing.com, Graduates First, and Alternative Guide to Postgraduate Funding Online - contact us to find out more.
- Access to SOAS Connect, our eMentoring platform designed to help connect SOAS alumni and students around the world for peer-to-peer careers advice and guidance. Watch this SOAS Connect short video.
- Unlimited access to our careers information room to help you find out about jobs, different career options, further study and more.
- Free careers publications and employer directories.
- Free attendance to SOAS specific careers events.
- 15 minute guidance appointments with our careers consultants – including refining your careers thinking, completing applications effectively and tailoring your CV. Please note: during the Autumn Term we prioritise appointments for current students and graduates from the previous year. If you graduated more than 2 years ago, we can offer you up to 3 appointments per year (not available during the Autumn Term)
- A weekly e-newsletter (term time only) to keep you up-to-date with news and events.
Graduates before and post 2016
If you graduated since 2016, you will still be able to use CareersZONE, our careers management system to book on events and to view jobs and opportunities. You will need to log on via the Alumni sign in box with a non-SOAS email address.
If you have any queries or wish to book an appointment, please contact email@example.com or phone 020 7898 4115.
SOAS Careers Newsletter archive
Graduate Outcomes Survey
The Graduate Outcomes Survey is a statutory HESA (Higher Education Statistics Agency) survey to find out what graduates are doing. It replaces the Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE) survey which used to be done at six months, but is now administered at 15 months post graduation. It is a legal requirement for SOAS that all graduates are asked what they are doing via this survey, which involves an online or telephone questionnaire. You will be asked about work, study, travel or other activities, and how your degree helped prepare you for your current role.
Data is shared on an aggregated basis, so no individuals are identifiable in any information SOAS publishes. It is used to help current students understand what careers could be available to them, supports Departments identify how academic experiences can be linked to the job market, and is used to assist prospective students making choices with courses.
SOAS Careers have been reaching out via the Careers newsletter and alumni channels, and you may get further communication from us about this.