Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) Studentships
- Deadline date
- £4,596 tuition fee, and a minimum stipend of £19,668. Preliminary Applications only!
SOAS is a member of the UBEL Doctoral Training Partnership (UBEL-DTP), alongside UCL, Birkbeck, the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and the University of East London. The Partnership provides ESRC funding for over 40 new PhD studentships each year.
Application and deadlines
ESRC applications for funding are now open
UBEL DTP full applications for ESRC funding are open until 31st January 2023 23:59 (UK Local time).
Candidates should ensure that they carefully read the Application Guidance for 2023 Entry whilst completing their application.
You do not need to wait for the outcome of your doctoral application before making your studentship application. Please do not delay contacting your proposed supervisor.
- UBEL DTP studentships cover tuition fees at the UKRI rate and an annual maintenance stipend. For 2022/23 an UBEL studentship will cover tuition fees of £4,596 and a minimum stipend of £19,668 .This figure includes the London Allowance.
- UBEL DTP offer a wide range of pathways with 26 different disciplinary pathways, in 7 groupings across 5 London institutions. Each pathway provides a range of study routes (+3, 1+3; 2+3 and +4) with over 80 MRes, MSc and MA programmes attached and accommodates both full-time and part-time students.
Full information (entry criteria and pathways) and how to apply for the ESCR Studentships can be found on the UBEL DTP website.
For queries please contact email@example.com
Applicants who make a preliminary application for funding must ensure they apply to SOAS to study. For further information, please see our page how to apply (research).
For enquiries, please contact the Scholarships Office:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +44 (0)20 7074 5090