The Rahim Lalji ‘14 Development Studies Bursary
- Deadline date
- £2,500 x4 or 1 award of £10,000
The Rahim Lalji ‘14 Development Studies Bursary has been established for 2023/24 academic year with the generous support of alumnus Rahim Lalji. The Bursary is designed to help support students with the greatest financial need.
- Number of Scholarships available: 4 awards of £2,500 or 1 award of £10,000
- Selection criteria: 250-word statement based on financial need
- Be a new or continuing student on a Full or Part Time Undergraduate Development Studies programme (single or combined honours).
- Overseas or Home fee-paying students.
- The Bursary is only valid for one year however previously successful recipients can reapply in subsequent years.
How to apply
Apply for the Rahim Lalji ‘14 Development Studies Bursary via the online form. You should save a copy of your application form for your records. If you wish to print a copy of the application then please do so before clicking 'submit'..
Statement of financial need
In addition to the above criteria, applicants must provide a statement of financial need with their online Scholarship/Bursary application. The short supporting statement should include the following information:
- details of family and financial background: your financial situation growing up, your current approximate annual family income, are you the first in your family to go to university?
- Your parents’ occupations and their highest educational qualifications
- how did you fund your past education - through scholarships, awards, parental assistance/self-funding?
- how does your situation now prevent you from funding an education in the UK - do you have family dependents or outstanding debts (student loans for example)?
- past employment - have your previous salaries put you in a position to be able to afford an education in the UK?
- further clarity as to how you will use your education at SOAS to help your future goals
- any additional information you think will help your application - extenuating financial circumstances, other financial burdens
Scholarship application deadline
Online Scholarship Form must be submitted with supporting statement within the deadline on the 01 August 2024 12pm (UK local time). Incomplete applications or applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Notification of results
Successful applicants will be notified by end of October 2024. If you have not heard from us by then you should assume your application was unsuccessful.