SOAS Research Studentships - School of Arts
- Deadline date
The School of Arts at SOAS University of London is pleased to offer one fully-funded PhD Scholarship for students of Islamic Art and Architecture.
The award includes tuition fees at the Home or Overseas rate and a stipend of £17,609 (inclusive of London Weighting at 2021/22 rates, so slightly higher for 2022 entry).
One award will be given on a 100% FTE basis for 3 years from September 2022.
Principal Supervisor: Scott Redford
Eligible Programmes and Project details
• Any full-time PhD Programme with the following key subject areas;
- Islamic Art
- and/or Archaeology
- Open to home and overseas students
- Any full-time PhD programme looking at Islamic Art, Architecture, Urbanism and/or Archaeology
- Based on the information provided in your scholarship application and application to study (Research Proposal and Personal Statement
Scholarship Application Deadline
- Scholarship applications must be received no later than 23:59 (UK local time) on 10 June 2022.
- You must submit a complete application for your programme as soon as possible and then submit an application for this scholarship. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
- You will need to have a firm offer for your programme by the time the scholarship panel meet.
- Late of incomplete applications will not be considered.
Scholarship Application Procedures
Further information about PhDs at SOAS, University of London is available from: firstname.lastname@example.org
There is a two-step procedure:
• STEP 1: Apply for your programme
Guidance for applying for Research Admission and information on what makes an application can be found here for How to Apply.
• STEP 2: Apply for the scholarship by 23:59 (UK local time) on 10 June 2022.
You must apply for this scholarship via the online application form .
Notification of Results
Successful candidates will be notified by the end of July 2022. If you have not heard from us by then, you should assume that your application was unsuccessful.
For enquiries, please contact the Scholarships Department:
Email : email@example.com
Telephone : +44 (0)20 7074 5106