The Tallow Chandlers and M.W. Beer Scholarship
- Deadline date
The Tallow Chandlers and M.W. Beer have generously provided SOAS with a scholarship for students enrolled in an eligible Master’s degree programme. The total budget available is a maximum of £10,000 for 2023-24.
The scholarship is for full-time or part-time students. The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other scholarships. However, please be aware that all financial support secured before 31 January 2023 must be declared in your application. Any awards held will be taken into consideration on assessment of financial need.
Any full-time or part-time Taught Masters programmes
The Scholarship will be awarded to a student whose dissertation will research the oil and edible fats industries. Examples include the environmental impact of palm oil, biodiesel and sustainability or the commodities trading of oils and fats.
- Open to UK/EU and overseas applicants.
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirements as soon as possible.
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit and commitment to furthering knowledge of the edible oils and fats industry.
Scholarship application deadline
- Scholarship applications must be received no later than 23:59 (UK local time) on 28 February 2023.
- New applicants only (new admissions, starting in September 2023): You must submit a complete online application of your programme as soon as possible and then submit an application for the scholarship in order to be considered for his scholarship. Please note that complete application for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
- You will need to have a firm offer for your programme by the time the Scholarship panel meet.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered
Notification of results
Due to the competitive nature of the award only the successful candidates will be notified by the end of March 2023. If you have not heard from us by then, you should assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Scholarship application procedures
There is a two-step procedure:
Apply for your programme
For guidance on postgraduate admission and information on what makes an application, please visit how to apply (PG).
Apply for the scholarship by 23:59 (UK local time) on 28 February 2023.
You must apply for this scholarship via the online application form
For enquiries, please:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +44 (0)20 7074 5090