Tibawi Trust Award
- Deadline date
- Two awards of up to £1,300
Dr Abdul-Latif Tibawi left a gift in his will to establish a Trust for a postgraduate award.
The award is to assist Palestinians undertaking a postgraduate course at SOAS and may be used towards conference visits or fieldwork in the UK or overseas. There are 2 Tibawi Trust awards of up to £1,300 each.
Any postgraduate degree programme at SOAS.
- Candidates must be of Palestinian origin.
- Candidates must be enrolled in a programme at SOAS
- Applications must be received no later than 12:00 (midday UK local time) 29 February 2024.
- Late applications will not be considered.
In order to be considered for the scholarship, you must have completed the Tibawi Trust Award online application.
Along with the completed application form above your supervisor will need to email the scholarships office with a statement answering the following:
- Your assessment of the general quality of the student’s work to date, and, more specifically, the quality and relevance of this application. Please indicate strengths and weaknesses: short, unqualified statements are not helpful.
- What would be the likely value of the proposed visit from the point of view of the student’s work? Applications will be considered only in cases where the student’s supervisor certifies that the proposed fieldwork or conference is essential to the student’s research and demonstrates why.
- Do you support the application?
The above questions will need to be completed by your supervisor and received by the scholarships team in order for your scholarship application to be complete before the deadline 12pm (midday UK local time) 29 February 2024. They will need to email the scholarships office, email@example.com.
Notification of results
Due to the competitive nature of the scholarship only the successful candidate will be notified of the award by May 2024. If you do not hear from the scholarships office by this point you should assume your application has been unsuccessful.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +44 (0)20 7074 5090