We are now closed for clearing 2022
UCAS is now open to applications for September 2023 entry.
Clearing 2023 will open to applications from 5 July 2023.
Whilst UCAS allows for applications to be submitted up until 17 October 2023, many institutions will close to applications prior to this date.
What is 'clearing'?
Clearing is a way for students to secure a place at university for the upcoming academic year. It also allows universities to fill any places they still have on their courses.
You can use Clearing if:
- you're applying via UCAS after 30 June
- you didn't receive any UCAS offers (or none you wanted to accept)
- you didn't meet the conditions of your UCAS offers
- you've paid the multiple choice application fee with UCAS
- you’ve declined your firm place using the 'decline my place' button in UCAS Track
- you’ve changed your mind and want to apply for a different programme or to a different institution.
Find out more about Clearing by reading our student story on the SOAS Blog.
It is not possible to make a Conditional Clearing offer. Applicants must meet both the School’s English language requirements and academic entry requirements in order for an offer to be extended.
Please be advised, contextual offers are not applicable where an applicant is applying through Clearing.
SOAS offers both private and intercollegiate halls for our Undergraduate students. Many of our first year students also choose to rent private accommodation.
Find out more about Accommodation
It is important to tell Student Finance as soon as possible that you will be studying at SOAS - please be sure to use the generic degree group, rather than the actual name of your chosen degree.
More information on degree titles and other funding queries can be found on our Undergraduate student finance page.