ICC Foundation and FDPS Pre-masters terms and conditions
International Foundation Programme (ICC) and Pre-Masters Programme (FDPS) terms and conditions
Updated 24 March 2022
- To reserve a place on the programme you are required to formally accept the offer.
- A Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS), which is required in order to obtain a Student Visa, can be requested once the offer has been accepted and all academic / English language conditions relating to a student's offer have been met. Further information about requesting a CAS and the visa application process, see student visa.
- The balance of the fees is payable before the first day of the programme. Students who have not paid fees in full will not be able to complete their enrolment or receive a timetable and will not be allowed to attend class until the fees are paid. Any fees paid will be refunded if a student withdraws before the first day of the programme.
- It is possible to pay in two 50% instalments. The first instalment must be paid before or at enrolment and a debit or credit card must be registered in order to guarantee the payment of the second instalment. More information about paying in instalments can be found in how to pay your tuition fees.
- If a student's circumstances make it impossible for them to continue their studies once they have started, for example due to serious health issues or a bereavement, evidenced by relevant documentation, and they withdraw or take a leave of absence, a refund of fees can be made, excluding any fees covering the period of study up to the withdrawal or leave of absence. The Withdrawal or Leave of Absence will be taken from the date that the relevant Withdrawal or Leave of Absence form is received by Registry. The fee liability if calculated per half term pro rata for the first two terms. Details of the amount refunded can be found in the fee refund and charging policy.
- No refunds will be made in cases where withdrawal is due to a change of study plan.
- No refunds will be made to students whose studies are terminated due to poor attendance or for other reasons.
- Refunds of tuition fees must be requested in the same financial year (1st Aug - 31st July) as the start of the programme
- Refunds of accommodation fees payments (including those paid to SOAS Halls) are subject to the agreement between the student and the accommodation provider.