As a PhD student at SOAS you will be joining a research community of doctoral researchers from across the globe and will play a vital role in developing our vibrant and intellectual culture.
You will also benefit from access to world-class research facilities of the highest quality including:
- A comprehensive programme of research training and skills development, fully recognised by the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC).
- Work and social spaces dedicated to doctoral researchers.
- Highly experienced and research active staff who will act as your supervisors.
- Integrated training programmes and a dedicated Careers Adviser for Research Students are available to provide guidance and advice when you need it.
- Research partnerships with CHASE and the Bloomsbury Postgraduate Skills Network – enabling you to access training at other institutions and build your research network.
- Opportunities to publish your work through our student-led journal SOAS Journal of Postgraduate Research, funding for you to present your work at a conference and complete a period of overseas fieldwork.
- Access to the outstanding SOAS Library, one of the world's most important academic libraries, attracting scholars from across the globe.
- The opportunity to gain a Learning Teaching and Development Higher Education Certificate as part of your professional development.
- The Research Students Association (RSA). A highly active community of research students who organise social and academic events and who advocate for the academic and wellbeing needs of research students.
The Doctoral School administration is available to provide assistance to research students, applicants and potential research students, research alumni, and members of staff involved in research degrees.
Current students - please email to email@example.com
- To request Student status letters, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Prospective students - please email to email@example.com
Alumni and staff - please email to firstname.lastname@example.org