As a PhD student at SOAS, you will be fully supported by our Doctoral School administration and you will be joining a learning community of doctoral researchers from across the globe.
You will also benefit from access to world-class research facilities of the highest quality including:
- A comprehensive programme of research training and skills development, fully recognised by the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC).
- Work and social spaces dedicated to doctoral researchers.
- Highly experienced and research active staff who will act as your supervisors.
- Integrated training programmes and a dedicated Careers Adviser for Research Students are available to provide guidance and advice when you need it.
- Research partnerships with CHASE and the Bloomsbury Postgraduate Skills Network – enabling you to access training at other institutions and build your research network.
- Opportunities to publish your work through our student-led journal SOAS Journal of Postgraduate Research, funding for you to present your work at a conference and complete a period of overseas fieldwork.
- Access to the outstanding SOAS Library, one of the world's most important academic libraries, attracting scholars from across the globe.
- The opportunity to gain a Learning Teaching and Development Higher Education Certificate as part of your professional development.
- The Research Students Association (RSA). A highly active community of research students who organise social and academic events and who advocate for the academic and wellbeing needs of research students.
By joining the SOAS community as a PhD student, you will play a vital role in developing our vibrant and intellectual culture
Current Students - please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to request a letter, then please log in to the online Student Information Desk and use the category 'Doctoral School'.
Prospective Students - please email email@example.com.
Alumni and Staff - please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We need your feedback to improve the Doctoral School, so we have created a feedback channel here. Send comments and suggestions either directly or via the Doctoral School Management Group.