Information for prospective students from Colombia
Students from Colombia
We have gathered specific information for Colombian students interested in studying at SOAS
Please feel free to contact the Student Recruitment Office for more information about applying to SOAS from Colombia: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are visiting London please do not hesitate to drop by for a chat.
Minimum entry requirements
The below are guidelines only and do not guarantee entry. Each application will be judged on its own merits.
The High School leavers certificate is not sufficient for entry to a SOAS undergraduate degree. The International Foundation Courses and English Language Studies Centre (IFCELS) at SOAS offer a preparatory year for international students seeking entry to undergraduate degrees at British universities. Applicants offering either ‘A’ levels or the IB Diploma will also be considered.
A postgraduate qualification, or exceptionally we may consider the Licenciado / Professional Title usually with a predicted or actual minimum grade point average of 4.0
English language proficiency
Applicants whose first language is not English will normally have to provide evidence of their English language proficiency. Please check the English language requirements page for detailed information. SOAS does offer English summer courses (pre-sessionals) for those who do not meet the exact entry requirements so that students have the opportunity to improve their language skills before beginning academic study.
Those applicants who do not meet the above entry requirements or would like to improve their English language before studying for a degree, could consider applying for one of the foundation degrees offered at the SOAS IFCELS centre. Students can improve their English while studying academic courses in an area of their choice, including Development Studies, International Business, Media and Communication and International Politics.
SOAS offers a wide-range of scholarships, bursaries and awards to support students.
A number of scholarships are also provided by the University of London, the British Government and other external organisations, for a list please visit scholarships and bursaries
The SOAS Careers Service is part of the The Careers Group, University of London, which is the biggest careers service in the country. The Careers Service provides a range of services including a careers information library, career counselling services and various events throughout the year, to help with career choice, job hunting, applications and interviews.
SOAS has alumni all over the world, if you would like to contact an alum to ask any questions, please visit SOAS alumni.
- The British Council is the British Government's international organization for educational and cultural relations. Their website is designed for those seeking information and advice on education and contemporary arts in the UK.
- Education UK is produced by the British Council to help international students interested in a UK course or qualification.
- UKCISA - The UK Council for International Students Affairs provides information on many aspects of studying overseas, including visas and working while studying.
- The UK Visa & Immigration service also has up to date information on immigration and visa requirements.
- UCAS - The Universities and Colleges Admission Service is the body through which all applications for undergraduate study must be made
- The British Embassy in Colombia may also be able to help you with information about travelling to the UK.