Information for prospective students from Sweden

Students from Sweden

This page contains specific information for students from Sweden.

Contact us

Phone:: +44 (0)20 7898 4700

For information on upcoming visits, please see events in your country.

SOAS FAQ for current and prospective EU students

Minimum entry requirements

These are guidelines only and do not guarantee entry. Each application will be judged on its own merits.

Undergraduate study

Students who have completed recognised international qualifications, such as the International Baccalaureate, A-Levels or AP examinations, will be considered for direct entry to undergraduate programmes. For more information, please view our undergraduate entry requirements.

Applicants from Sweden who have completed the General Secondary Education Certificate will be required to complete a Foundation Year before applying for undergraduate study.

Postgraduate study

SOAS will consider all applicants holding the equivalent of UK Lower Second-Class Honours undergraduate degree. For more information, please view our postgraduate entry requirements.

In addition, you should check the individual programme of study for any specific academic requirements.

Research applicants would normally be expected to have completed a Masters qualification from a good university.

English language requirements

SOAS accepts the Swedish Fullstandigt fran Gymnasieskolan (English) with a score of A for unconditional entry or a score of B/C for entry with an Insessional requirement. For more information, and to view our other acceptable English language qualifications, please see English language requirements.


SOAS offers a range of scholarships, bursaries and awards to support students. A number of scholarships are also provided by the University of London, the British Government and other external organisations.

UK/EU funding

EU students who are eligible for UK/EU fees can also apply for a loan from Student Finance. The loan covers your tuition fees, is paid direct to SOAS and does not need to be paid back until after you complete your studies.


SOAS has alumni all over the world, if you would like to contact an alum to ask any questions, please visit SOAS alumni.

Useful links

  • British Council in Sweden
  • British Embassy in Sweden
  • UCAS - the Universities and Colleges Admission Service is the central organisation through which undergraduate applications are processed for entry to Higher Education.
  • UKCISA - UK Council for International Student Affairs and provides useful advice and information for international students studying in the UK.