Postgraduate Certificate in Advanced Research Skills
- Attendance mode
- Russell Square, College Buildings
- Entry requirements
Applicants are normally expected to hold a good postgraduate qualification and/or have a background in conducting research. International applicants should also see Doctoral School English language requirements
PGCert in Advanced Research Skills consists of two modules: Research Project Management and Technology-Enhanced Research. They are an integral part of our PhD programme, but can also be taken as self-standing modules by anyone wishing to acquire comprehensive training in academic and transferable research methods, either to supplement their PhD studies elsewhere or to upscale their skills in their professional environment.
Applicants are normally expected to hold a good postgraduate qualification and/or have a background in conducting research. The modules can be taken entirely online and are available for anyone in the world, although students on the modules are very welcome to take part in SOAS's extensive programme of activities at our central London campus.
- You will build a strong foundation for designing and managing a successful research project.
- You will be able to work effectively with colleagues from various disciplines and subject areas.
- You will develop the necessary knowledge and skills for conducting high-quality research in the digital age.
- You will develop a broad and balanced skills profile, which is essential in the rapidly changing landscape of research practices and careers.
PGCert in Advanced Research Skills consists of two modules:
- Research Project Management
- Technology-Enhanced Research.
The information on the website reflects the intended programme structure against the given academic session. The modules are indicative options of the content students can expect and are/have been previously taught as part of these programmes. However, this information is published a long time in advance of enrolment and module content and availability is subject to change.
Teaching and learning
This programme can be taken entirely online with additional optional on campus classes. There will be:
- Online resources and activities
- Weekly class
- One-to-one tutorials
Fees and funding
- Home (full-time): £3,900 per year
- Overseas (full-time): £3,900 per year
- £1,950 for a single module for all students (home and overseas alike), and those who have successfully completed both modules (£3,900) will be awarded the certificate.
For further details and information on external scholarships, see research scholarships
Apply for the PGCert in Advanced Research Skills
To apply for this programme, please read how to apply (research).
You will need to select 'Diploma/Certificate programme' under the Key Information section. Then you will be able to select the Postgraduate Certificate in Advanced Research Skills. We do not provide CAS for part-time courses, and students requiring a visa will hence only be able to study online. If you have any enquiries about the programme, please feel free to contact the convenor, Dr Yenn Lee (email@example.com). If you have any enquiries about the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This programme will provide comprehensive training in academic and transferable research methods, either to supplement your PhD studies elsewhere or to upscale your skills in your professional environment.
Find out about our Careers Service.