Online and distance learning
Our Online and Distance Learning degrees bring the expertise of SOAS University of London to you, wherever you live or work.
Equal in quality to those taught on campus, our qualifications are recognised throughout the world for their high standards. Established over 20 years ago, we have the experience and expertise to deliver specialised programmes designed to meet your professional needs.
- Learn anywhere in the world
- Be in control of your own learning
- Get dedicated support from specialist tutors
- Connect with others from around the world
- Study at your own pace
- Only pay for the modules you are enrolled on
Our Online and Distance Learning programmes have different subject timetables. Please review the relevant Centre/Department of study for more information.
The information below relates to dates associated with sessions in the 2022/23 year.
The first table shows key dates for the Centre for Development, Environment & Policy (CeDEP), Centre for Development Studies (CDS), Centre for Gender Studies (CGS), Centre for Global Media and Communications (CGMC), and Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy (CISD).
|Study session||Session 1||Session 2|
|Application deadline||12 September 2022||06 March 2023|
|Enrolment period||26 September - 11 October 2022||20 March - 10 April 2023|
|Start dates||18 October 2022||18 April 2023|
This table shows key dates for the Centre for Financial and Management Studies (CeFIMS)
|Study session||Session 1||Session 2||Session 3||Session 4|
|Application deadline||12 September 2022||05 December 2022||06 March 2023||15 May 2023|
|Enrolment period||3 October 2022-14 October 2022||06 January – 16 January 2023||16 March – 29 March 2023||23 May – 6 June 2023|
|Start dates||25 October 2022||24 January 2023||11 April 2023||20 June 2023|
How to apply
You can apply for an Online and Distance Learning programme via the 'Apply now' button on each course page.
- Submit the online application form
- If successful, you will be offered a conditional place on the basis of the submission of your supporting documentation.
- You submit your supporting documentation to verify your qualifications — this information can also be submitted at the time of application.
- Once verified, you will be offered an unconditional place on the programme.
We aim to assess your application and respond within 10 working days.