Tibet Foundation Award
- Deadline date
- £2,500 (fee waiver)
Through the generous support of the Tibet Foundation (London), SOAS has now launched four scholarships for the graduate study of Tibet. These Tibet Foundation awards are to be offered to students who study towards a SOAS masters (MA) degree, featuring one or more modules engaging with the arts, history, language or religion of Tibet.
- Number of scholarships: 4
- Value: £2,500 (fee waiver)
- Deadline: 28 April
- MA Buddhist Studies
- MA History of Art and Archaeology of East Asia
- MA Traditions of Yoga and Meditation
- UK or Overseas Applicants
- New scholarship applicants must have applied to SOAS but are not required to have received an offer of admissions by the scholarship deadline. An offer will need to have been received by the time the relevant panel meets to discuss scholarship applications.
- Assessed on academic merit and work experience
Scholarship application deadline
- Scholarship applications must be received by 12:00 (UK local time) on 28 April 2023.
- You must submit a complete online application of your programme as soon as possible and then submit an application for this scholarship in order to be considered. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
- You will need to have a firm offer for your programme by the time the Scholarship panel meet.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered
Notification of results
- Please note that due to the competitive nature of the award only the successful candidates will be notified by the end of July 2023. If you have not heard from us by the end of July, you should assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Terms and conditions
- Applicants will be selected based on academic merit and relevant work experience
- Amount will be deducted from your Postgraduate degree fees
- Amount cannot be used towards any Pre-sessional English programme
- Scholarship cannot be combined with any other major scholarship or studentship (applicants can apply for multiple scholarships, but can only accept one in the event they are successful in more than one application)
- The assessment of your application will be based on the information provided in your scholarship application and in your online application for your Postgraduate programme of study (selection committee will be looking at the degree results, personal statement, work experience and other relevant information)
- Applicants must have an offer of admission to a 12 months full-time degree programme at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline.
Scholarship application procedures
Applicants should follow the following steps:
Step 1: Apply for the programme
For guidance to apply for postgraduate admission and information on what makes an application, please visit how to apply (PG).
Step 2: Apply for the scholarship by 12:00 (UK local time) on 28 April 2023
You must apply for this scholarship via the online application form
Phone: +44 (0)20 7074 5090