Our Head of Department says:
We are excited to announce the launch of a new MA programme in Anthropology of Global Futures and Sustainability!
The programme is part of our intellectual and practical commitment to create a more equitable and safer world.
Anthropology of Global Futures and Sustainability focuses on sustainability, climate change and communication for change.
- This is an interdisciplinary MA with an anthropological core drawing on other disciplines.
- Teaching is strongly informed by our regional interests in Africa and Asia, and from professional experiences of working in/with development banks, government departments, NGOs and activist organisations, social businesses and media collectives.
- Students will encounter literature raising difficult moral and ethical questions in an academic environment where debate is highly encouraged and prized.
- Students can take their own interests into a research project guided by an expert supervisor from our department.
- Our focus on the future and sustainability are areas of growing global concern and significance among private, public and international institutions; our emphasis on skills, communication and methodology gives graduates a clear advantage with employers as we put education into practice.
Overall, this is a unique opportunity within the UK to explore the big issues with a practical focus on communication and change.
- Our Anthropology department is amongst the leading programmes in the UK (ranked #5 in QS World Rankings 2020) and is highly regarded globally (ranked #13 in QS World Rankings 2020).
Applications open in January 2021.
Please contact Dr. Ben Bowles (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further information.