Overview and entry requirements
This BSc Accounting and Finance programme is ideal for students whose ambition is to pursue a career in accounting, finance, investments, auditing, taxation, and other finance-related strategic roles in business.
You will learn how to analyse financial statements, how to critically evaluate investment opportunities, how to design financial plans, and how to make strategic decisions in the areas of accounting, banking, finance and investments.
Our teaching offers you exceptional insights into financial institutions and markets in London and other major cities in the world. In addition, we offer specialist knowledge of financial and management systems in the emerging markets of Africa, Asia and the Middle East – something that will set you apart from graduates of other universities that normally focus on the analysis of Europe and the Americas.
By joining this programme, you will become a member of the world-leading Centre for Global Finance at SOAS University of London and participate in high-profile events and weekly seminars. This will provide you the opportunity to exchange ideas with leading scholars, practitioners and policy makers who shape local and global developments today.
Why study BSc Accounting and Finance at SOAS
- 5th in UK for graduate employability (Guardian League Tables 2021)
- we are ranked 2 in London and 11 in the UK for Business and Management by the Guardian University League Tables 2019
- we are the hub of bespoke professors in accounting and finance, who have extensive academic and practitioner experiences in banking, investments, industry, and A-list International Organisations
- this programme is accredited by ACCA and CIMA – giving you exceptions from relevant modules of the ACCA and CIMA professional exams upon successful completion of this degree.
- we have the Centre for Global Finance (CGF), a world-leading research centre in finance, which hosts cutting-edge research projects that involve students and a global network of experts in generating innovative solutions to real-time challenges
Obtain real-world skills, right here in London, the global financial hub
- you will be equipped with skills, competencies and capabilities to prepare you for professional tasks in key areas such as: financial accounting, management accounting, financial management, financial reporting, auditing, and taxation
- on successful completion of the BSc Accounting and Finance programme, students may apply for exemption from respective modules of ACCA and CIMA professional accounting qualifications, supported by testimonials provided by our leading professors
- SOAS is in close proximity to the City of London, the leading financial centre in the world, with 75% of the top global companies based in the city, 100% of leading financial institutions represented, and 200 + foreign banks
Benefit from language support and diverse optional modules
- we are proud of our specialists in the delivery of languages, well over one hundred years
- your command of a language at SOAS will give you competitive advantage in global job market
- you will be able to flexibly structure your programme using our programme optional modules and/or our open options modules from other departments
- Meet Jesper: the SOAS grad revolutionising the food industry
- Why world leaders have a global blindset when it comes to Covid-19
Venue: Russell Square: College Buildings
Start of programme: September
Mode of Attendance: Full-time
- A Levels:
- Contextualised offer:
Subjects preferred: Applicants without A-level Maths (or equivalent) must have a minimum of Grade B in GCSE Maths (grade 6 in the new structure)
Please see our 'undergraduate entry requirements' page for international, alternative and subject specific entry requirements.
- 3 years
Fees for 2021/22 entrants per academic year
- UK fees:
- Overseas fees:
Please note that fees go up each year. Further details see 'Fees and funding' (tab on this page) or the Registry's undergraduate tuition fees page.
Professor Kemi Yekini Convenor