Developing financial systems to support sustainable growth in China: Innovation, diversity and financial regulation
This is a collaborative research project by SOAS University of London in the UK with Nankai University, Tianjin, and Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, in China.
The project is jointly funded by the UK’s Economic and Social Research Council’s Newton Fund and the National Natural Science Foundation of China, ESRC-NSCF (ESRC Reference: ES/P005241/1). Over the project period, February 2017 to April 2021, the project developed and deepened our understanding of the Chinese financial system and its crucial role in supporting the future development and continued growth of the Chinese economy.
- Professor Gerhard Kling, University of Aberdeen (Principal Investigator)
- Before joining Aberdeen, Gerhard was Professor of International Business and Management at SOAS University of London.
- Professor Laurence Harris, School of Finance and Management, SOAS
- Professor Victor Murinde, School of Finance and Management, SOAS
- Professor Christine Oughton, School of Finance and Management, SOAS
- Professor Laixiang Sun, School of Finance and Management, SOAS
- Dr Damian Tobin, Cork University Business School
- Professor Ulrich Volz, Department of Economics, SOAS
- Professor Lihui Tian, Chair Professor of Finance, Nankai University (Principal Investigator)
- Professor Binglian Liu, College of Economic and Social Development, Nankai University
- Professor Deming Luo, Centre for Research on Private Economy, College of Economics, Zhejiang University
- Professor Xuejun Jin, College of Economics, Zhejiang University
- Dr Xinxiang Wen, Deputy Director General of Monetary Policy Department, Research Fellow of Research Institute, The People’s Bank of China
- Professor Weian Li, Business School, Tianjin University of Finance and Economics, China Academy of Corporate Governance, Nankai University