Information for prospective students from Germany
Students from Germany
We are happy to help with any questions you might have about studying at SOAS.
Information about upcoming visits and virtual events taking place Europe can be found in our listings for events in your country.
Students who have completed recognised international qualifications, such as the International Baccalaureate, A-Levels or AP examinations, will be considered for direct entry to undergraduate programmes. For more information, please view our undergraduate entry requirements.
SOAS will consider all applicants holding the equivalent of UK Lower Second-Class Honours undergraduate degree. For more information, please view our postgraduate entry requirements.
In addition, you should check the individual programme of study for any specific academic requirements.
Research applicants would normally be expected to have completed a Masters qualification from a good university.
English language requirements
Applicants whose first language is not English may have to provide evidence of their English language proficiency. Please check our English language requirements for accepted tests and alternative qualifications. SOAS offers English pre-sessional summer courses for those who do not meet the exact entry requirements which allow students to improve their language skills before beginning academic study.
SOAS offers a range of scholarships, bursaries and awards to support students, including the International Postgraduate Scholarship. There are other scholarships provided by the University of London, the British Government and other external organisations.
SOAS Careers Service
The SOAS Careers Service can help you to find volunteering opportunities and can provide information and advice on finding paid employment during your studies and after graduation.
There will be a number of jobs (both voluntary and paid) within SOAS itself (for example, in the Students’ Union or cafe) and you can look out for these opportunities through the Careers Service or via the Students’ Union.
SOAS has alumni all over the world, if you would like to contact an alum to ask any questions, please visit SOAS alumni.
- The British Council is the UK's international organisation for educational opportunities and cultural relations. The British Council Germany website is a useful resource for education in the UK and other cultural information.
- The British Embassy in Germany where you can find information about all aspects of the UK
- DAAD - The German Academic Exchange Service
- UCAS - the Universities and Colleges Admission Service is the central organisation through which undergraduate applications are processed for entry to Higher Education.
- UKCISA - the Council for International Student Affairs provides information on many aspects of studying in the UK, including visa advice.