School of Finance and Management
Professor Victor Murinde
- Centre for Global Finance Director School of Finance and Management AXA Professor in Global Finance Centre for Sustainable Finance Member
- School of Finance and Management
- BA (Mak), MSc (Wales), PhD (Wales), Doctoris Honoris Causa (Tallinn)
- Russell Square: College Buildings
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 020 7898 4057
- Support hours
- Friday 9 - 11 or by email appointment
- Principal Investigator of the DFID-ESRC Research Grant (ES/N013344/2) on “Inclusive Finance” for £2.5 million, for 2016-2021, leading a consortium of: SOAS University of London; Loughborough University; Institute for Development Studies (IDS); University of Birmingham; University of Nottingham; ODI London; University of Groningen; Laval University; University of Ghana, Legon; & the African Economic Research Consortium (AERC).
- Co-Investigator on the ESRC-ICSSR project (Grant Ref: ES/T016213/1), 2021–2024, on “UK-India Bilateral Trade in FinTech and FinTech-Enabled Services: Emerging trends and potential for growth”.
- Co-Investigator on the ESRC-NSCF project (Grant Ref: ES/P005241/1), 2017-2021, on "Developing financial systems to support sustainable growth in China – The role of innovation, diversity and financial regulation”.
- Governing Council member, The British Institute in Eastern Africa, 2018-2023.
- Past Chair (2015-2018) and Member (2019-2023), Econometric Society Africa Regional Standing Committee.
- Previously, founding Director, African Development Institute at the African Development Bank (2011-2014).
- Lecturing experience at Makerere University, Cardiff University, University of Bradford, Loughborough University and University of Manchester.
- Advisory services to government, companies and international organisations including the World Bank, UN-ECA, UNCTAD, African Development Bank, BIS, and the Caribbean Development Bank.
- Has received generous research grants from the ESRC, European Commission, FCDO, and Leverhulme Trust.
- Current research interests include: FinTech and FinTech-enabled services; climate risk finance; digital inclusive finance; cross-border interbank markets; applications of AI and machine learning method to finance; uncertainty and dynamics in a flow-of-funds framework; bank performance, risk and regulation.
Mega Trends in Global Finance; Inclusive Finance; Financial Institutions, Markets and Instruments; Financial Modelling & Forecasting
|Julius Ejechi||Impact of financial technology on financial inclusion and economic growth in Africa|
|Anosi Ikimalo||Fellowship amongst peers: A network analysis of interbank lending markets|
|Aweng Peter Majok Garang|
|Catherine Tuhirirwe||The impact of Chinese investment loans on sustainable economic development in Africa: Case studies of Kenya, Senegal, Uganda, and Zambia.|