Information for prospective students from Kazakhstan
Students from Kazakhstan
We have gathered specific information for Kazakh students interested in studying at SOAS.
Phone: +44 (0)20 7898 4700
These are guidelines only and do not guarantee entry. Each application will be judged on its own merits.
The Certificate/Diploma of Secondary Education is not accepted for direct entry onto our degree programmes. Students who have not completed A-levels or the IB are required to complete a Foundation year. More information about the SOAS Foundation course can be found below.
Please contact us to discuss your current qualifications and experience.
Applicants whose first language is not English will normally have to provide evidence of their English language proficiency. Please check our English language requirements for detailed information. SOAS does offer English summer courses (pre-sessionals) for those who do not meet the exact entry requirements so that students have the opportunity to improve their language skills before beginning academic study.
Those applicants who do not meet the above entry requirements or would like to improve their English language before studying for a degree, could consider applying for one of the foundation degrees offered at the SOAS IFCELS centre. Students can improve their English while studying academic courses in an area of their choice, including Development Studies, International Business, Media and Communication and International Politics.
SOAS offers a wide-range of scholarships, bursaries and awards to support students.
A number of scholarships are also provided by the University of London, the British Government and other external organisations, for a list please visit scholarships and bursaries.
The SOAS Careers Service is part of the The Careers Group, University of London, which is the biggest careers service in the country. The Careers Service provides a range of services including a careers information library, career counselling services and various events throughout the year, to help with career choice, job hunting, applications and interviews.
SOAS has alumni all over the world, if you would like to contact an alum to ask any questions, please visit SOAS alumni
• The British Council is the British Government's international organization for educational and cultural relations. Their website is designed for those seeking information and advice on education and contemporary arts in the UK.
• Education UK is produced by the British Council to help international students interested in a UK course or qualification.
• UKCISA - The UK Council for International Students Affairs provides information on many aspects of studying overseas, including visas and working while studying.
• The UK Visa & Immigration service also has up to date information on immigration and visa requirements.
• UCAS - The Universities and Colleges Admission Service is the body through which all applications for undergraduate study must be made
• The British Embassy in Kazakhstan may also be able to help you with information about travelling to the UK.