Information for prospective students from Poland
Students from Poland
We have gathered specific information for Polish students interested in studying at SOAS.
Phone:: +44 (0)20 7898 4700
For further information on upcoming visits, please see events in your country.
SOAS also works with the following local representatives in Poland and you can contact them directly with any questions about applying to and studying at SOAS.
- Elab Education Laboratory
- SOAS FAQ for current and prospective EU students.
- Guidance from Universities UK for EU students.
The below are guidelines only and do not guarantee entry. Each application will be judged on its own merits.
Students who have completed recognised international qualifications, such as the International Baccalaureate, A-Levels or AP examinations, will be considered for direct entry to undergraduate programmes. For more information, please view our undergraduate entry requirements.
Applicants from Poland who have completed the General Secondary Education Certificate will be required to complete a Foundation Year before applying for undergraduate study.
SOAS will consider all applicants holding the equivalent of UK Lower Second-Class Honours undergraduate degree. For more information, please view our postgraduate entry requirements.
In addition, you should check the individual programme of study for any specific academic requirements.
Research applicants would normally be expected to have completed a Masters qualification from a good university.
Applicants whose first language is not English will normally have to provide evidence of their . Please check the English language requirements page for detailed information. SOAS does offer English summer courses (pre-sessionals) for those who do not meet the exact entry requirements so that students have the opportunity to improve their language skills before beginning academic study.
Those applicants who do not meet the above entry requirements or would like to improve their English language before studying for a degree, could consider applying for one of the foundation degrees offered at the SOAS IFCELS centre. Students can improve their English while studying academic courses in an area of their choice, including Development Studies, International Business, Media and Communication and International Politics.
SOAS offers a wide-range of scholarships, bursaries and awards to support students.
A number of scholarships are also provided by the University of London, the British Government and other external organisations, for a list please visit scholarships and bursaries.
Polish students who are eligible for UK/EU fees can also apply for a loan from Student Finance . The loan covers your tuition fees, is paid direct to SOAS and does not need to be paid back until after you complete your studies.
The SOAS Careers Service is part of the The Careers Group, University of London, which is the biggest careers service in the country. The Careers Service provides a range of services including a careers information library, career counselling services and various events throughout the year, to help with career choice, job hunting, applications and interviews.
SOAS has alumni all over the world, if you would like to contact an alum to ask any questions then please visit SOAS alumni.
- The British Council is the British Government's international organisation for educational and cultural relations. Their website is designed for those seeking information and advice on education and contemporary arts in the UK.
- Education UK is produced by the British Council to help international students interested in a UK course or qualification.
- UKCISA - The UK Council for International Students Affairs provides information on many aspects of studying overseas, including visas and working while studying.
- The UK Visa & Immigration service also has up to date information on immigration and visa requirements.
- UCAS - The Universities and Colleges Admission Service is the body through which all applications for undergraduate study must be made
- The British Embassy in Poland may also be able to help you with information about travelling to the UK.