Information for prospective students from Sri Lanka
Students from Sri Lanka
We have gathered specific information for Sri Lankan students interested in studying at SOAS.
Phone: +44 (0)20 7898 4700
If you would like to contact Alberto Demo, our International Recruitment Manager for South Asia and South-East Asia, please email him directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
SOAS staff make regular overseas visits to meet with students interested in studying at SOAS. More information can be found on our listings for events in your country.
Minimum entry requirements
The below are guidelines only and do not guarantee entry. Each application will be judged on its own merits.
The High School leavers certificate is not sufficient for entry to a SOAS undergraduate degree. The International Foundation Courses and English Language Studies Centre (IFCELS) at SOAS offer a preparatory year for international students seeking entry to undergraduate degrees at British universities.
Applicants offering either ‘A’ levels or the IB Diploma will also be considered.
Bachelor Special degree in the upper second division.
SOAS works with the following educational representatives in Sri Lanka. Please contact them directly for more information on applying to SOAS. If you have any comments about the following representatives, please contact Amy Mitchell-Bell: email@example.com
English language proficiency
Applicants whose first language is not English will normally have to provide evidence of their English language proficiency. Please check our English language requirements for detailed information. SOAS does offer English summer courses (‘pre-sessionals’) for those who do not meet the exact entry requirements so that students have the opportunity to improve their language skills before beginning academic study.
Those applicants who do not meet the above entry requirements or would like to improve their English language before studying for a degree, could consider applying for one of the foundation degrees offered at the SOAS IFCELS centre. Students can improve their English while studying academic courses in an area of their choice, including Development Studies, International Business, Media and Communication and International Politics.
SOAS offers a wide-range of scholarships, bursaries and awards to support students.
A number of scholarships are also provided by the University of London, the British Government and other external organisations, for a list please visit scholarships and bursaries.
The SOAS Careers Service is part of The Careers Group, University of London, which is the biggest careers service in the country. The Careers Service provides a range of services including a careers information library, career counselling services and various events throughout the year, to help with career choice, job hunting, applications and interviews.
SOAS has alumni all over the world, if you would like to contact an alum to ask any questions, please visit SOAS alumni.
- The British Council is the British Government's international organization for educational and cultural relations. Their website is designed for those seeking information and advice on education and contemporary arts in the UK.
- Education UK is produced by the British Council to help international students interested in a UK course or qualification.
- UKCISA - The UK Council for International Students Affairs provides information on many aspects of studying overseas, including visas and working while studying.
- The UK Visa & Immigration service also has up to date information on immigration and visa requirements.
- UCAS - The Universities and Colleges Admission Service is the body through which all applications for undergraduate study must be made
- The British Embassy in Sri Lanka may also be able to help you with information about travelling to the UK.