Arabic at SOAS Language Centre
SOAS Language Centre in London operates the largest non-degree Arabic language programme in the UK. It runs over 120 scheduled courses a year for learners.
Studying Arabic at the SOAS Language Centre
In addition, SOAS Language Centre also offers individual tuition or small group tuition tailor-made according to the needs of the clients, be they from the business community, government departments or other institutions.
Each year there are about 1000 registrations on our various Arabic language courses, and we have a team of nearly 20 teachers, all of whom are native speakers of Arabic. SOAS Language Centre regularly offers courses in Modern Standard Arabic, Qur'anic Arabic, Egyptian Colloquial and other dialects to mother-tongue and non mother-tongue speakers.
Short Courses in Arabic for 2021-2022
10 weeks, 1 class per week
Modern Standard Arabic
- Beginners Online
- Beginners 1 ON CAMPUS
- Beginners 2 ON CAMPUS
- Beginners 3 ON CAMPUS
- Accelerated Beginners (2 classes per week)
- Communicative Post-Beginners Level 1 (not currently available)
- Elementary Online
- Elementary ON CAMPUS
- Upper Intermediate
Other Arabic Courses
- Arabic (Native Speakers) Elementary
- Arabic (Native Speakers) Intermediate (not currently available)
- Arabic Speaking Skills
- Qur'anic Beginners
- Qur'anic Elementary (not currently available)
- Calligraphy (not currently available)
- Egyptian Beginners (not currently available)
- Gulf Beginners (not currently available)
- Maghrebi Beginners (not currently available)
We can also provide individually tailored courses.
Back to the Language Centre Homepage