Arabic at SOAS Language Centre
SOAS Language Centre in London operates the largest non-degree Arabic language programme in the UK. It runs over 120 scheduled courses a year for learners, including both full-time and part-time courses.
Studying Arabic at the SOAS Language Centre
In addition, SOAS Language Centre also offers individual tuition or small group tuition tailor-made according to the needs of the clients, be they from the business community, government departments or other institutions.
SOAS Language Centre offers the Certificate and Diploma in Communicative Arabic Language, and is the sole provider of Arabic language teaching qualifications in the UK for teachers of Arabic language.
Each year there are about 1000 registrations on our various Arabic language courses, and we have a team of nearly 20 teachers, all of whom are native speakers of Arabic. SOAS Language Centre regularly offers courses in Modern Standard Arabic, Qur'anic Arabic, Egyptian Colloquial and other dialects to mother-tongue and non mother-tongue speakers.
Certificates and Diplomas
Certificate/Diploma in Communicative Arabic (Online,Full-time only) 21-22. Applications open for Term 2 January 2022 entry only (Post-Beginners) Application deadline: 23rd November 21.
Short Courses in Arabic for 2021-2022
10 weeks, 1 class per week
Modern Standard Arabic
- Beginners Online
- Beginners 1 ON CAMPUS Jan-Mar 22
- Beginners 2 ON CAMPUS Jan-Mar 22
- Beginners 3 ON CAMPUS Jan-Mar 22
- Accelerated Beginners 1 & 2 Jan-Mar 22
- Communicative Post-Beginners Level 1 (not currently available)
- Upper Intermediate
Other Arabic Courses
- Arabic (Native Speakers) Elementary (not currently available)
- Arabic (Native Speakers) Intermediate (not currently available)
- Arabic Speaking Skills
- Qur'anic Beginners (not currently available)
- Qur'anic Elementary (not currently available)
- Calligraphy (not currently available)
- Egyptian Beginners (not currently available)
- Gulf Beginners (not currently available)
- Maghrebi Beginners (not currently available)
We can also provide individually tailored courses and executive language training.
Back to the Language Centre Homepage