One-to-one or small group language classes can be delivered at any level, from beginner to advanced, and can focus on the kind of language you want to learn; be it for translation, academic research, or to be able to interact confidently with speakers of the language when visiting the target language country.
For corporate clients, tuition can focus on the kind of language clients will be required to master and use: for giving presentations, understanding the language of business contracts or legal documents, negotiating with business counterparts, or being able to interact confidently with speakers of the target language on social occasions.
A specifically tailored course is the solution if you are unable to attend one of our scheduled language courses or want to make sure that the course content perfectly matches your language learning needs. Your tailored tuition class will be taught by one of our expert language teachers and the syllabus content will be designed to match your learning objectives.
Languages we offer
Arabic (Classical, Egyptian, Gulf, Iraqi, Levantine, Maghrebi, Modern Standard, Qur'anic) Bengali, Filipino (Tagalog), French, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Kurmanji Kurdish, Malay, Mandarin Chinese, Persian, Sanskrit, Somali, Spanish, Swahili, Tamil, Thai, Tibetan, Turkish, Urdu, Vietnamese, Yoruba.
- Our pricing structure is designed to offer flexibility and cater to your specific learning needs.
- Individual tutoring starts from £105 per hour.
- Small group tuition prices vary based on the number of students and the duration of the programme.
How to apply
Please complete this tailored tuition application (MS form) and we can assist you. Before paying the course fees, carefully read our Terms and Conditions for Tailored Tuition.
- Hearst Magazines International
- Hogan Lovells
- CIT Bank
- UK Government Organisations
I had an intensive Chinese refresher course at the SOAS Language Centre. It was excellent that the teachers originated from different locations (Xian, Beijing, Taiwan) so that their different accents provided variety and fresh challenge in each session. Despite the intensity of the study, the variety of approaches meant that I did not feel tired or overstretched.
I found this brief period of intense study extremely helpful as it successfully achieved my short term aim of restoring a good portion of my forgotten vocabulary and refamiliarizing me with the core Chinese characters. I would certainly recommend this type of intensive course to others.
- Merlin Swire, Chief Executive, John Swire & Sons Ltd
Terms and conditions for tailored/corporate tuition
- we require payment in advance for a minimum of 10 hours tuition, if opting for one or 2-hour sessions, or 9 hours if opting for 90-minute sessions (i.e. six sessions of 90 minutes).
- payment should be received at least 7 full days before the scheduled start date.
- fee payment will be made via the online store or by bank transfer.
- an invoice can be issued to an employer/sponsor in advance once we have confirmation in writing that your employer has agreed to pay all costs.
- our discounts do not apply to tailored tuition, only scheduled courses.
- if you need to reschedule a lesson for any reason, you must provide your teacher with notice in writing of at least 1 working day (that is, by 17:00 on Friday for a lesson scheduled for Monday). If you do not, you will be charged for the scheduled hours.
- there are no term dates in effect with tailored tuition, however hours purchased should be used within 10 months of purchase.
- after the 10-month credit usage period has expired, any unused credit will be forfeited and cannot be redeemed or refunded.
- we offer a 14 day refund policy. This means that if you are dissatisfied with the quality of the tuition, you have the right to request a refund within 14 days from the date of your first session.
- refunds will not be provided for the hours used during the first 14 days. However, the remaining hours can be refunded if requested within 14 days of the start of tuition, subject to an admin fee of £50.
- tuition fees are tied to individual student's enrolment and are non-transferable.
- tailored tuition is not ordinarily available on Saturdays and not available under any circumstances on Sundays if tuition is taking place on campus. If tuition is online then some teachers may be available to teach on these days.
- if your tuition is online, please note that this will be delivered via Zoom or Microsoft Teams.