Information for Prospective Students from Spain
Welcome to the country page for Spain which contains specific information for Spanish students interested in studying at SOAS.
Tel: +44 (0)20 7898 4700
Further information on upcoming visits can be found on the Meet SOAS staff in your area web page.
It has been confirmed that current university students from the EU and those applying to courses starting in 2018/19 and 2019/20 will continue to benefit from the same fee rate and access to student loans as UK students.
SOAS statement following UK EU referendum.
Guidance from Universities UK for EU students.
The below are guidelines only and do not guarantee entry. Each application will be judged on its own merits.
Curso de Orientacion (CoU)/Titulo de Bachillerato (LOGSE) with an overall average of 7 (including 3 subjects at grade 8) to 8 (3 subjects grade 9) depending on the course.
Overall score of 7/10 (2 out of 4).
Applicants whose first language is not English will normally have to provide evidence of their English language proficiency. Please check the page for detailed information. SOAS does offer English summer courses (‘pre-sessionals’) for those who do not meet the exact entry requirements so that students have the opportunity to improve their language skills before beginning academic study.
Those applicants who do not meet the above entry requirements or would like to improve their English language before studying for a degree, could consider applying for one of the foundation degrees offered at the SOAS IFCELS centre. Students can improve their English while studying academic courses in an area of their choice, including Development Studies, International Business, Media and Communication and International Politics.
SOAS offers a wide-range of scholarships, bursaries and awards to support students.
A number of scholarships are also provided by the University of London, the British Government and other external organisations, for a list please visit scholarships and bursaries.
We work with the educational representative The Student World. For more information please contact:
'The Student World' on email@example.com
The Student World offers meetings in their central Madrid office for:
Advice on studying at SOAS
Guidance on student finance
Free application management service
Optional student loans' application service
Free document translation service
Spanish students who are eligible for UK/EU fees can also apply for a loan from Student Finance. The loan covers your tuition fees, is paid direct to SOAS and does not need to be paid back until after you complete your studies.
The SOAS Careers Service is part of the The Careers Group, University of London, which is the biggest careers service in the country. The Careers Service provides a range of services including a careers information library, career counselling services and various events throughout the year, to help with career choice, job hunting, applications and interviews.
SOAS has alumni all over the world, if you would like to contact an alum to ask any questions then please visit the SOAS alumni website.
• The British Council is the British Government's international organization for educational and cultural relations. Their website is designed for those seeking information and advice on education and contemporary arts in the UK.
• Education UK is produced by the British Council to help international students interested in a UK course or qualification.
• UKCISA - The UK Council for International Students Affairs provides information on many aspects of studying overseas, including visas and working while studying.
• The UK Visa & Immigration service also has up to date information on immigration and visa requirements.
• UCAS - The Universities and Colleges Admission Service is the body through which all applications for undergraduate study must be made
• The British Embassy in Spain may also be able to help you with information about travelling to the UK.