Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarships
- Deadline date
- 2x awards of £32,500
Two awards will be made by Allan and Nesta Ferguson and they both have a total value of £32,500.00 which will be put towards tuition fees. If tuition fees are less than this amount the remainder will be paid out as to the student directly.
The Ferguson scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic merit.
Students offered an Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarship must take it up in the academic year 2023/24 and it cannot be carried forward to a later year.
Any full-time Master’s programme in the College of Humanities excluding MA Buddhist Studies, MA Buddhist Studies with Intensive Language and MA Traditions of Yoga and Meditation. The College of Humanities includes the followings departments.
School of Arts
- Centre for Creative Industries, Media and Screen Studies
- Department of History of Art and Archaeology
- Department of Music
Department of East Asian Languages & Cultures
School of History, Religions & Philosophies
School of Languages, Cultures & Linguistics
- be a resident in low income or lower middle income countries (as defined by the World Bank) and preferably from low income households
- hold an undergraduate degree at the first class level
- new scholarship applicants must have applied to SOAS but are not required to have received an offer of admissions by the scholarship deadline. An offer will need to have been received by the time the relevant panel meets to discuss scholarship applications
- applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible
- please note that this scholarships do not cover funding or even allow for Pre-sessionals
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit.
- The assessment of your application will be based on the information in your scholarship application. Selectors will be looking at the degree results and also at your personal statement and other relevant information.
Scholarship application deadline
- Scholarship applications must be received no later than 12:00 PM (UK local time) on 1 June 2023.
- You must also submit a complete online application to your programme.Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Notification of results
Due to the competitive nature of the award only the successful candidates will be notified by July 2023. If you have not heard from the scholarships office by this point you should assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Scholarship application procedures
You must follow two steps:
- STEP 1: Apply for your programme
You must submit a complete the online application for admission.
- STEP 2: Apply for the scholarship by 12:00 PM (UK local time) on 1 June 2023.
You must apply for this scholarship via the scholarship application form.
For enquiries, please:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0)20 7074 5090