Public Governance, Accountability and Transparency
- Module Code:
- Module Not Running 2019/20
This module provides an understanding of the systems and processes of public governance, especially including topics related to accountability and transparency in the public sector. Students are expected to develop their critical understanding of internal control systems and auditing, ethics and integrity in delivering accountability and transparency in the public sector.
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
On successful completion of this module a student will be able to:
- Understand the role of public governance
- Explain how accountability and transparency are achieved in the public sector
- Critically appraise the role of internal control systems and auditing to ensure accountability and transparency in the public sector
- Critically appraise the role of ethics and integrity in public sector entities
Method of assessment
Assessment for this module is in three elements:
- One tutorial presentation at 20%
- One essay of 2,500 words at 40%
- One student portfolio of 2,500 words at 40%
All elements except the presentation may be resubmitted.