Available for SOAS staff and students only.
Remote and on-campus access for one single user at a time.
Booking is required - 1 to 3 hour sessions. To make a booking please e-mail email@example.com, specifying the date and time that you require access.
Eikon is the largest and most renowned historical financial database with more than 255 million time series data. Information includes
- Equities – over 100,000 active equities (plus another 100,000 inactive) for 100 developed and emerging markets, and with over 200 fields
- Real time market data news
- Estimates – Forecasts from IBES available for 31 key financial measures, including earnings, profits, sales and price targets
- Company Fundamentals – fundamental data and financial ratios for all developed and many emerging markets, across 79 markets
- Unit and Investment Trusts – unit trust coverage for 11 countries, including the top five European Funds Markets – complete coverage of UK Investment Trusts
- Equity Indices –over 280,000 indices with extensive coverage of market indices for 68 countries; Equity index and constituent data for major index suppliers (such as MSCI, FTSE, S&P); Global Equity Indices span over 30 years of daily frequency covering 55 markets; also coverage of third party bond indices (such as JP Morgan, Citygroup, Barclays Capital)
- Bonds – over 230,000 active bonds, 220,000 warrants, certificates and convertibles, and 500,000 fixed income securities
- Macroeconomic Data – nationally sourced indicators for 118 markets and another 130 with comparable data from international sources (e.g. Eurostat, IMF, OECD)
- Commodities – more than 77,000 live spot prices, including agricultural, energy and metal prices
- Interest and Exchange Rates
- Derivatives – excellent futures coverage across 34 countries, with history as back as 1976; options database covers 2,000 active contracts for over 490,000 live series
Dates vary by data category and country/market - starting from as far back as 1950s for major economies - annual, monthly, weekly or daily (when available) frequency - Updated continuously
All data can be downloaded easily using the Advance for Office (AFO) Add-in in Excel