Explore the library
Available only to SOAS staff and students, with SOAS id and password.
Westlaw UK is a legal database which provides access to selected full text case law, legislation and journal articles from the UK and EU. It contains:
UK Case Law
- From 1220 onwards
- Includes The Law Reports, Weekly Law Reports, The English Reports and Criminal Appeal Reports
- Includes “Case Analysis” documents providing direct and indirect history, legislation cited and relevant journal articles
- From 1267 onwards
- Shows both historical and prospective versions of legislation so you can view at a glance the past, present and future status.
- Includes “Legislation Analysis” documents providing all Statutory Instruments enabled under Act, any EU directives implemented under Act, any amendments pending or already made to the full text of an Act and all commencement information.
EU Case Law
- From 1954 onwards
- As published in the Official Journal C Series
- From 1952 onwards
- As published in the Official Journal L Series
UK and EU Journals
- Includes full text to many journal articles from Sweet & Maxwell, Tottel Publishing and Oxford University Press
- Includes Criminal Law Review, European Intellectual Property Review and Journal of Business Law
Legal Journals Index
- Contains abstracts of all journal articles published in the UK and EU since 1986
- Contains abstracts and indexes of legal materials in the UK and EU