Independent Study Project in Archaeology
- Module Code:
- Year of study:
- Year 3
- Taught in:
- Full Year
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
On successful completion of the essay the student will have:
- Demonstrated their capacity to carry out a substantial piece of academic work on a selected topic in the field of art & archaeology.
- Defined a topic for examination and articulated a coherent scheme for examining the topic.
- Gathered the relevant information and analysed and presented this information in a way which satisfactorily assesses the topic.
Method of assessment
- Bibliography/research proposal/outline of 1,000-1,500 words (worth 11%)
- One 8,000-word essay (worth 89%)