Centre of World Christianity
The SOAS Centre of World Christianity promotes the study of the historic and modern contexts of Christianity in Africa and Asia.
The regional scope includes:
- Africa: including Egypt and Ethiopia
- Middle East: Iraq, Lebanon, Israel and Palestine, Turkey and Syria
- Caucasus: Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia
- India, Afghanistan and Iran
- Central Asia: Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and Kazakhstan
- China (with a particular interest in Turfan) and Mongolia
The Centre of World Christianity advances the study of Christianity in Africa and Asia at SOAS by pursuing the following aims:
- To network research projects and study initiatives by scholars at SOAS across the disciplines.
- To collaborate with specialists from other institutions, both within the U.K. and internationally.
- To inform policy-makers and the wider public about the plurality of Christianity in Africa, and Asia and its place in society and culture.
Primary Activities of the Centre of World Christianity include:
- organising, hosting or facilitating conferences, public lectures, meetings, workshops and seminars
- academic exchange projects, particularly the hosting of Visiting Scholars from African and Asian countries
- promotion of undergraduate courses and postgraduate research on Christianity in Africa and Asia
- collaboration with the SOAS Library to enhance the teaching and research resources on Christianity in World Christianity
- Follow the activities and publications of the SOAS Centre of World Christianity on YouTube.
- Meet our members
- Phone: +44 (0)20 7898 4634
- Email: email@example.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org