Hindi Language 2
- Module Code:
- Taught in:
- Full Year
Hindi 1 or equivalent
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
At the end of the module, a student should be able to demonstrate…
1. knowledge and understanding of intermediate Hindi grammar
2. knowledge and understanding of a wide range of Hindi vocabulary
3. knowledge and understanding of the appropriateness of a wide range of Hindi structures and expressions in a given context
4. the ability to understand passages in written Hindi of medium length on everyday and some specialised topics
5. the ability to produce passages in written Hindi of medium length on everyday and some specialised topics
6. the ability to understand spoken Hindi and to engage in spoken discourse of medium complexity on everyday and some specialised topics
Total of 22 weeks teaching with 4 hours classroom contact per week.
Method of assessment
One three-hour written examination (60%) and an oral exam (20%) taken in May/June. Two one-hour written tests in week 2 of Term 2 and the week after Reading Week in Term 2, counting for 10% each. These tests will be on vocabulary acquisition, comprehension or specific language structures and will be agreed in class beforehand. 20% of total mark (10% each).
The module will be based on:
Sharma, Naresh. 2018. Hindi Tutor: Grammar and Vocabulary Workbook. London: Hodder UK
Additional materials will be made available throughout the module.