Elementary Written Persian B
- Module Code:
- FHEQ Level:
- Year of study:
- Taught in:
- Term 2
This is a basic language acquisition module for students who have already studied the language 1A equivalent in the previous term, or who have equivalent knowledge. Students are therefore assumed to have some basic knowledge of the language or its script. This module develops knowledge of some of the several basic constructions of the language, enabling students to develop their skills in reading, writing, comprehension and speaking. Successful students will gain the ability to read and write simple texts and communicate on basic everyday topics. Emphasis will be placed on good pronunciation and reading comprehension.
Students enrolling onto this module should have taken Elementary Written Persian A in Term 1
Successful completion of Persian 1A or equivalent knowledge.
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
On successful completion of this module a student will:
- Gain greater knowledge and understanding of the appropriateness of basic structures and expressions in a given context.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand passages in written language on basic everyday topics.
- Demonstrate the ability to produce short passages in written language on everyday topics.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand spoken sentences and short passages on basic everyday topics.
- Demonstrate the ability to engage in short spoken discourse on basic everyday topics (Home and family, Friends and Personal Interests).
Total of 10 weeks teaching with 5 hours classroom contact per week in language classes.
Method of assessment
- One two-hour written examination taken in May/June (60%)
- One oral examination (15 minutes) in May/June (20%)
- One mid-term test in week 5, term 2 (20%).