Multinationals and Global Business
- Module Code:
- FHEQ Level:
- Taught in:
- Term 2
The aim of this module is to prepare students for understanding the changing dynamics of multinational enterprises (MNEs) and developing a critical perspective on the MNEs and their relationship with the external environment.
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
On successful completion of this module a student will be able to:
- Familiarize with the traditional theories and frameworks and knowledge advancement in explaining multinationals' strategy and operations both from developed and emerging economies.
- Acquire a critical understanding of the importance of government-business-society relationships in multinationals' strategy and operations.
- Critically assess the changing patterns of globalisation, regional integration and nationalism
- Gain an appreciation of the importance of technology in shaping patterns of global business environment and multinationals' behavior and strategy
- Identify the key aspects of corporate social responsibility and sustainability and their impact on multinationals.
- Demonstrate a critical knowledge and understanding of the changing patterns of global value chain.
Method of assessment
Assessment for this module is in three elements:
- One tutorial presentation at 10%
- One essay of 2,500 at 30%
- One unseen 2-hour written examination at 60%