Arabic 6 A (PG)
- Module Code:
- FHEQ Level:
- Year of study:
- Taught in:
- Full Year
The module provides teaching and learning of advanced level Arabic language. It covers wide variety of texts covering literature, politics, religion, science etc… Teaching will cover reading, analysing, writing listening and speaking.
A series of special PG lectures with associated seminars structured around the six themes Structure, Texts, Identity, society, Translation and Transformation (provided for PG students studying different languages) introduces students to general questions of role of language in language-based scholarship and research and provides them with the critical and methodological skills to relate their language acquisition to the thematic aspects of the study.
This is a high advanced language acquisition module.
This module will be taught over 10 weeks with 5 hours classroom contact per week.
Scope and syllabus
At the end of the module, a student should be able to demonstrate . . .
- knowledge and understanding of Advanced Arabic grammar
- knowledge and understanding of a wide range of Arabic vocabulary
- knowledge and Understanding of a wide range of Arabic texts
- ability to produce written Arabic at an advanced level
- ability to understand and operate at a wide range of Arabic registers
- ability to communicate in Arabic at an advanced level
Method of assessment
1 x 2hr in class mid term written and spoken test (50%)
1 x 2hr unseen written examination taken in May/June (50%)