Sanskrit Language 2 B (PG)
- Module Code:
- This module is expected to run every other year
- FHEQ Level:
- Year of study:
- Taught in:
- Term 2
The aims of this module are to introduce students to a variety of original Sanskrit texts. We will read passages from the Epics, poetry, dharmaśāsatras and philosophical texts. The readings are combined with a thorough revision of Sanskrit grammar, to which approximately half of the class hours are dedicated.
4 hours Lecture per week, for a total of 10 weeks.
Method of assessment
- 50% - Written Exam, in May/June
- 20% - A portfolio of marked homework, translation or essay agreed with the convenor, 2000 words.
- 30% - Mid-term Test, 1 hour
- The exact assessment deadline dates are published on the relevant module Moodle/BLE page