797A Directed Practical Study: Placements in the Field
- Start date
- End date
- Module code
- FHEQ Level
Students taking this module identify an institution, organization or enterprise in which to work as an intern. The module is designed to afford students the opportunity to gain valuable work experience in an area closely related to their field of study and to situate such work experience squarely within the context of their field of study, providing the opportunity for guided reflection on the relationship between theory and practice.
- This module is open only to students on the MA Anthropology of Food, the MA Anthropology of Food + Intensive Language, the MA Anthropology of Global Futures and Sustainability, and the MA Medical Anthropology and Mental Health. It is a guided option.
- This is an internship placement that requires advance arrangements. Prospective students are advised to contact the convenor well before the term begins.
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
Students on this module will:
- Gain valuable practical experience in a field of work related to their degree programme
- Synthesize theoretical and practical forms of knowledge through: a) Applying theoretical ideas learned on their course of study to practical applications; and b) Grounding theoretical principals in a practical context
- Identify potential career paths beyond their programme of study