Independent study project in History of Art
- Start date
- End date
- Year of study
- Year 3
- Module code
- FHEQ Level
- School of Arts & Department of History of Art and Archaeology
An essay of 8,000 words in length on an archaeological or art historical topic to be supervised by a teacher of the Department. The title is to be approved by the beginning of the first term of the final year.
Objectives and learning outcomes
On successful completion of this module students will be able to
- demonstrated their capacity to carry out a substantial piece of academic work on a selected topic in the field of art and archaeology.
- defined a topic for examination and articulated a coherent scheme for examining the topic.
- gathered the relevant information and analysed and presented this information in a way which satisfactorily assesses the topic.
Method of assessment
- Abstract and literature review of 1,500 words (worth 10% of marks)
- Independent study project of 8,000 words (worth 90%)
Important notice regarding changes to programmes and modules.