Independent study project in History of Art
- Start date
- End date
- Year of study
- Year 3
- Module code
- FHEQ Level
An essay of 8,000 words in length on an archaeological or art historical topic to be supervised by a teacher of the Department. The title is to be approved by the beginning of the first term of the final year.
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
On successful completion of the essay the student will have:
- Demonstrated their capacity to carry out a substantial piece of academic work on a selected topic in the field of art & archaeology.
- Defined a topic for examination and articulated a coherent scheme for examining the topic.
- Gathered the relevant information and analysed and presented this information in a way which satisfactorily assesses the topic.
Method of assessment
- Abstract and literature review of 1,000 words (worth 15%)
- Independent study project of 8,000 words (worth 85%)