We're open - book your tickets today!
We're open! You can now book your free tickets on our online booking system
Please note that on our booking system, you can book up to one week in advance, and a minimum of 12 hours before you visit.
The Brunei Gallery SOAS is a public gallery and open to all – you don’t have to be a student to visit. Students, staff, alumni and the public are all welcome.
If you aren't ready to visit in person yet, you can take a virtual tour of our current exhibition, and sign up to our next virtual event 'Of Jesus and Opium: the missionaries and Opium Wars'.
Access to the Gallery
The Gallery is free and open to the public. Please ensure you have booked your timed ticket on our online booking system.
When you return, you'll see we’ve installed sanitising stations, our staff will be wearing face coverings and we’ve temporarily removed any interactives and shared items. We keep visitor numbers low and have set-up one-way routes for you to follow.
In return, we’ll need you to wear a face covering inside our gallery and when moving around the SOAS campus (unless you are not able to for personal reasons). As in other public spaces, you will need to keep 2m away from other visitors as you enjoy your visit.
If you have any questions about re-opening or about the safety procedures at the Brunei Gallery, phone 020 7898 4915 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All users wishing to visit the Brunei Gallery, SOAS are asked to pre-book their free visit through an online booking system. A limited number of tickets are made available each day. You can book up to one week in advance, and a minimum of 12 hours before you visit.
- Upon arrival please check in at the Brunei Gallery Reception Desk with your ticket (electronic or printed) to gain admission to the exhibition
New opening times:
- Open: Tuesday to Saturday 11.00 – 17.00 (please note there is no longer no late-night opening on Thursday
- Closed: Sunday and Monday
A frequent and thorough cleaning schedule will be in place, with emphasis on surfaces which may be regularly touched.
All government guidelines for creating a safe and welcoming environment for guests will be followed by the Brunei Gallery, SOAS.
Guidelines for visitors
For the safety of our guests and staff, we ask everyone to carefully review the following guidelines before visiting the Brunei Gallery, SOAS.
- Please avoid visiting if you have had one or more symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Please visit individually where possible.
- Please use the hand sanitizer provided on entry and exit.
- Please always keep a minimum 2-metre distance from other visitors and members of staff.
- Group visits are limited to 5 people where tickets are available.
- Please follow the designated route through the building and exhibition, as indicated by signs on the floor.
- Use of lifts will be limited to those with mobility issues / pushchairs only.
- If you are visiting with children, please always supervise them.
- Please note at this time the toilets in the Brunei Gallery, SOAS will not be accessible.
- In line with Government regulations for Track and Trace, we will be collecting contact details of all guests. These details will be kept in line with GDPR regulations for a maximum of 21 days before being deleted from our records.
Enquiries contact: email@example.com
For enquiries about the collections, donations and loans please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Social media pages:
How to Find Us
Address: Brunei Gallery, SOAS, Thornhaugh Street, Russell Square, London WC1H 0XG
Nearest Underground Stations:
Russell Square, Goodge Street, Euston Square, Tottenham Court Road, Holborn, Warren Street, Euston.
Travel: General Travel Advice