Reopening from 2 December
In line with Goverment advice, the Brunei Gallery will be open from Wednesday 2nd December. You can book your free tickets to our current exhibition now through our booking service
When you return, you'll see we’ve installed sanitising stations, our staff will be wearing face coverings and we’ve temporarily removed any interactives and shared items. We keep visitor numbers low and have set-up one-way routes for you to follow.
In return, we’ll need you to wear a face covering inside our gallery and when moving around the SOAS campus (unless you are not able to for personal reasons). As in other public spaces, you will need to keep 2m away from other visitors as you enjoy your visit.
If you have any questions about re-opening or about the safety procedures at the Brunei Gallery, phone 020 7898 4915 or email email@example.com.
New visiting procedures
- All users wishing to visit the Brunei Gallery, SOAS will be asked to pre-book their free visit through an online booking system. A limited number of tickets will be made available each day.
- Upon arrival please check in at the Brunei Gallery Reception Desk with your ticket (electronic or printed) to gain admission to the exhibition
New opening times:
- Open: Tuesday to Saturday 11.00 – 17.00 (please note there is no longer no late-night opening on Thursday
- Closed: Sunday and Monday
A frequent and thorough cleaning schedule will be in place, with emphasis on surfaces which may be regularly touched.
All government guidelines for creating a safe and welcoming environment for guests will be followed by the Brunei Gallery, SOAS.
Guidelines for visitors
For the safety of our guests and staff, we ask everyone to carefully review the following guidelines before visiting the Brunei Gallery, SOAS.
- Please avoid visiting if you have had one or more symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Please visit individually where possible.
- Please use the hand sanitizer provided on entry and exit.
- Please always keep a minimum 2-metre distance from other visitors and members of staff.
- Group visits are limited to 5 people where tickets are available.
- Please follow the designated route through the building and exhibition, as indicated by signs on the floor.
- Use of lifts will be limited to those with mobility issues / pushchairs only.
- If you are visiting with children, please always supervise them.
- Please note at this time the toilets in the Brunei Gallery, SOAS will not be accessible.
- In line with Government regulations for Track and Trace, we will be collecting contact details of all guests. These details will be kept in line with GDPR regulations for a maximum of 21 days before being deleted from our records.
Enquiries contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For enquiries about the collections, donations and loans please contact: email@example.com
Social media pages:
How to Find Us
Address: Brunei Gallery, SOAS, Thornhaugh Street, Russell Square, London WC1H 0XG
Nearest Underground Stations:
Russell Square, Goodge Street, Euston Square, Tottenham Court Road, Holborn, Warren Street, Euston.
Travel: General Travel Advice